Change schools

I’d like to change schools or study programs. How do I modify my study permit?

If you change schools or study programs, you do not need to change your study permit.

If you are in high school,

If you are transferring to a post-secondary institution and want to work while studying, you must apply to modify the terms of your student visa. This change comes with a cost. To accomplish this, you must apply for a new study permit from within Canada.

If you are a college or university student:

While you are not required to change your study permit, you must notify IRCC when you change post-secondary institutions.